Last August, the people of Scotland descended on the SWG3 venue in the West End of Glasgow for Sole Bloc, Scotland’s first ever sneaker festival, and for Summer 2016, Sole Bloc was back for it’s second event, and it was sure to be even better than the last one.
Warsaw’s edition of Sneakerness was definitely the perfect event to pop my Sneakerness cherry, and a big shout out to all the great people who worked tirelessly to pull off the third Sneakerness in Warsaw.
Although the Warsaw edition isn’t the biggest out of all the Sneakerness events, it certainly had all bases covered, whether that was from shoes for sale such as recent releases, collaborations, vintage pairs, or the combination of good music, free entry, and even the cookies & cream ice cream which was on offer, all the necessary boxes were checked.
Trainer events have taken the world by storm in recent years, and finally, August 2015 will see Scotland hosting it’s very first event – SoleBloc.
If you’re into trainers, chances are you’ll know about Hanon Shop, and on Saturday, August 1st 2015 they will be holding a lottery for three of their favourite collaborations at the SoleBloc trainer festival in Glasgow. They have announced that one pair from each of the following hanon collabs will be raffled with all proceeds being donated to CLAN Cancer Support in Aberdeen, Scotland:-
- Asics x hanon Gel III ‘Wildcats’
- New Balance x hanon 1500CHF ‘Chosen Few’
- Adidas x hanon Centaur ‘Granite’
Each model is 100% deadstock from a small stash they kept aside from the initial launch. The winning pair from each collab will come with dust bag as per the original hanon store release.
The guidelines are as follows:-
- Tickets can only be bought in person at the SOLEBLOC event
- £1 (GBP) per ticket.
- Each ticket will apply to 1 model of shoe only – A list of sizes will be available at the event
- Unlimited tickets – Buy as many as you like!
- Entrants must provide their shoe size, email address and social media account on each purchased ticket
- Entrant must have a social media account
- Buying tickets on behalf of someone else is okay. Details must be provided as above.
- All proceeds will go to CLAN cancer support in Aberdeen
- Winner will be emailed and tagged via their social media account after the event
This is a pretty special gesture from the Hanon Shop team, so be sure to head to SoleBloc on the 1st of August and buy some raffle tickets!