With the end of 2015 fast approaching, and the 25th Anniversary of the Gel-Lyte III coming to an end with only two collaborations remaining, November 28th was to bring one of the most anticipated releases of the year, and probably hanon’s biggest release to date.
A long time in the making, and a long time waiting for the day to come around, the hanon x Asics Gel-Lyte III ‘Solstice’ (full details here) in-store launch was sure to be a crazy one!
Continue reading hanon x Asics Gel-Lyte III ‘Solstice’ – In-store Launch
It’s the one we’ve all been waiting for, right? Finally, November has came around and this means that it’s hanon’s turn to collaborate on the Asics Gel-Lyte III as part of the Gel-Lyte III’s 25th Anniversary.
For me personally, I haven’t paid a great deal of attention to Asics over the last little while as my sights have been firmly set on New Balance, but when it comes to a hanon collaboration, I’m always intrigued, and after the success of the ‘Wildcats’, this shoe was sure to be a banger.
This shoe would be extra special though, as it was the first project that I would be involved in while working for hanon and a few very cold mornings and nights were spent trying to nail the press release shots for this collaboration.
But first, let’s take a look at the story behind the shoe.
Continue reading hanon x Asics Gel-Lyte III ‘Solstice’
Trainer events have taken the world by storm in recent years, and finally, August 2015 will see Scotland hosting it’s very first event – SoleBloc.
If you’re into trainers, chances are you’ll know about Hanon Shop, and on Saturday, August 1st 2015 they will be holding a lottery for three of their favourite collaborations at the SoleBloc trainer festival in Glasgow. They have announced that one pair from each of the following hanon collabs will be raffled with all proceeds being donated to CLAN Cancer Support in Aberdeen, Scotland:-
- Asics x hanon Gel III ‘Wildcats’
- New Balance x hanon 1500CHF ‘Chosen Few’
- Adidas x hanon Centaur ‘Granite’
Each model is 100% deadstock from a small stash they kept aside from the initial launch. The winning pair from each collab will come with dust bag as per the original hanon store release.
The guidelines are as follows:-
- Tickets can only be bought in person at the SOLEBLOC event
- £1 (GBP) per ticket.
- Each ticket will apply to 1 model of shoe only – A list of sizes will be available at the event
- Unlimited tickets – Buy as many as you like!
- Entrants must provide their shoe size, email address and social media account on each purchased ticket
- Entrant must have a social media account
- Buying tickets on behalf of someone else is okay. Details must be provided as above.
- All proceeds will go to CLAN cancer support in Aberdeen
- Winner will be emailed and tagged via their social media account after the event
This is a pretty special gesture from the Hanon Shop team, so be sure to head to SoleBloc on the 1st of August and buy some raffle tickets!