So originally myself and Emma had planned to go to Warsaw for a little tourist trip, but sadly she had to cancel her holidays, so I used it as an opportunity to catch up with some good friends and check out Sneakerness Warsaw.
I knew as soon as I booked the flights with Air France and the short connection in Charles de Gaulle that there would be issues, and rightly so… my bag never made it from one plane to another. Big up Air France, nice job. Thankfully, I got my bag delivered to the hotel the next evening.
I stayed at the Radisson Blu Centrum for three nights, and thankfully it’s location meant that it was perfect for being able to reach the Sneakerness Warsaw event in under 10 minutes walk, as well as only being a short distance away from the main tourist spots. Definitely recommend it.
Arriving quite late in the evening on Friday, and after the carry on with my bag still being in transit, all I wanted to do was chill out, and get my bearings for the Sneakerness Event on the Saturday, so I headed to the Pałac Kultury i Nauki where the event was being held to check it out.
Now this place is pretty cool, and extremely tall, stands out like a sore thumb in the middle of Warsaw, but definitely the craziest place I’ve ever been to for a sneaker event.
Continue reading Warsaw
It had been long overdue, but finally, on the 1st of August 2015, Scotland had it’s first ever sneaker festival – Solebloc, held in Glasgow, and it was an absolute banger. The event itself was held at the excellent SWG3, a warehouse in Glasgow’s West End, and was the best setting for the event.
Continue reading Sole Bloc – Scotland’s first sneaker festival.
Trainer events have taken the world by storm in recent years, and finally, August 2015 will see Scotland hosting it’s very first event – SoleBloc.
If you’re into trainers, chances are you’ll know about Hanon Shop, and on Saturday, August 1st 2015 they will be holding a lottery for three of their favourite collaborations at the SoleBloc trainer festival in Glasgow. They have announced that one pair from each of the following hanon collabs will be raffled with all proceeds being donated to CLAN Cancer Support in Aberdeen, Scotland:-
- Asics x hanon Gel III ‘Wildcats’
- New Balance x hanon 1500CHF ‘Chosen Few’
- Adidas x hanon Centaur ‘Granite’
Each model is 100% deadstock from a small stash they kept aside from the initial launch. The winning pair from each collab will come with dust bag as per the original hanon store release.
The guidelines are as follows:-
- Tickets can only be bought in person at the SOLEBLOC event
- £1 (GBP) per ticket.
- Each ticket will apply to 1 model of shoe only – A list of sizes will be available at the event
- Unlimited tickets – Buy as many as you like!
- Entrants must provide their shoe size, email address and social media account on each purchased ticket
- Entrant must have a social media account
- Buying tickets on behalf of someone else is okay. Details must be provided as above.
- All proceeds will go to CLAN cancer support in Aberdeen
- Winner will be emailed and tagged via their social media account after the event
This is a pretty special gesture from the Hanon Shop team, so be sure to head to SoleBloc on the 1st of August and buy some raffle tickets!